Since its beginning in 1956, the Pracheen Kala Kendra has grown into a premier All-India institution with a network of more than 3500 affiliated centres located all over the country and abroad which under supervision of the Kendra and as per its rules and regulations (Examinations) conduct prescribed examinations of the Kendra every year. Affiliation is granted to such academies and institutions after proper assessment of their infrastructure and facilities for training, and they are required to observe the Rules and Regulations of the Kendra prescribed for the said purpose. The number of such affiliated centres has been increasing with every passing year.
The quality and reliability of the Kendra’s examinations keeps attracting new academies every year to seek affiliation of the Kendra, which has already attained the status of a prestigious All-India Institution identically functioning on the pattern of an Open University. The students who successfully complete training in Music, Dance and Fine Arts appear in the Prarambhik, Bhushan, Visharad and Bhaskar examinations of the Kendra, which have been recognized by a number of State Governments, Education Boards and Universities as requisite qualifications for appointment as lecturers/teachers in Colleges/Schools as well as for taking admission into higher courses of study under their respective jurisdictions.
Here are some of the rules for fixation of an examination centre. The Kendra grants affiliations to the institutions all over India and abroad:-
- An institution of repute equipped with all infrastructural facilities and established with the sole aim of reviving and promoting Indian classical arts including music, dance, drama, sculpture, painting, etc. is eligible to affiliate with the Kendra.
- Institutions run by individual/association of individuals/registered trusts/ autonomous/government organisations, Trusts or by reputed societies, etc.
- Private, unaided institutions established under Societies Registration Act, 1860 having the educational, charitable and non-profit character.
- An examination centre shall be required to produce at least forty examinees for all the examinations taken together. However, the Kendra has the right to allot an examination centre were the number is less than 40 in exceptional and special circumstances.
- The examinations of the Kendra shall be held at such centres only as are fixed by the Kendra for the purpose. No practical examination shall be held at any other centre which is not fixed by the Kendra. Arrangement of sub-centres is not permissible ordinarily. However, the Kendra has the right to permit a sub-centre to be arranged in case the sub-centre is prepared to bear the T.A. and D.A. of the examiners, if the number of students is less than 40 at the sub-centre. The request for the sub-centre shall be sent to the Kendra at least one month prior to the date of the examination.
- The Registrar, Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh, has every right to affiliate any institution imparting training in music, dance and fine arts (painting). The Registrar has also the power either to refuse or de-affiliate any institution, without giving any notice or assigning any reasons whatsoever to the institution concerned.
- Examination centres shall be set up at various places in India and abroad on the receipt of applications in the form prescribed by the Kendra.
- Every institution which seek affiliation of the Kendra shall be required to pay an affiliation fee prescribed by the Kendra from time to time.
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION FOR AFFILIATION
Any School run by individual, association of individuals, registered trust, society or firms registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860 or as stated above, shall apply in prescribed form for affiliation to the Registrar, Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh along with affiliation fee.
GRANT OF AFFILIATION
The affiliation will be granted by the Registrar, Pracheen Kala Kendra, Chandigarh on receipt of prescribed affiliation fee and fulfilling the other conditions of affiliation.